How Can We Help?
What types of therapy are offered at addiction treatment centers?
Addiction treatment centers typically offer a variety of therapy modalities to address the diverse needs of their clients. Some common types of therapy provided at these facilities include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): A goal-oriented approach that helps individuals identify and change maladaptive thought patterns and behaviors related to addiction.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): A form of CBT that focuses on teaching individuals skills to cope with stress, regulate emotions, and improve interpersonal relationships.
- Motivational interviewing: A client-centered approach that aims to help individuals build motivation and commitment to change.
- 12-step facilitation: A structured approach to recovery that incorporates the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
- Family therapy: Involving family members in the treatment process to address relationship dynamics, improve communication, and promote healing.
Many addiction treatment centers also offer holistic therapies, such as yoga, meditation, art therapy, and equine-assisted therapy, to support overall well-being and recovery.