How Can We Help?
What should I bring with me to a homeless shelter?
When planning your stay at a homeless shelter, it’s essential to pack only the necessary items, as space is often limited. Consider bringing the following essentials:
- Identification and important documents (birth certificate, Social Security card)
- A few changes of clothing and personal hygiene items
- Medications and personal medical information
- A small, portable container for your belongings
- A phone and charger, if possible
Remember that some shelters may have restrictions on the number of personal belongings you can bring. It’s best to call ahead and inquire about their policies.